Author Topic: Majestic Fanfare  (Read 985 times)

mjf1947

• Administrator
Re: Majestic Fanfare
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 03:47:43 PM »
At the moment .... I am taking a deep breath before I tangle with this project.  My initial plan is to develop the thematic material with a more textured (hopefully sophisticated) orchestration.  And complete the template for the second section.  I further have to decide where to go from there.........!

Presently, I am still working on my Viola Piano work. My mentor brought me back to my original ideas.  Hopefully I will post the changes soon.  I am trying to improve the the piano part without losing the overall mood/effect I want as well as addressing other issues.

Thank you all for the encouragement.  I will need it for this project.

Mark

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 08:30:42 AM »
Hi all, as you know I really enjoy having members accompany me on my composer's journey.

So here is The Majestic Fanfare which I posted as an idea last June.  I have now started to develop it.

This version has some new material and ideas.  Please note I am still throwing it against the wall to see what sticks.

All comments are welcome.  All lurkers are invited to join in ... I would love to hear from you all.

No ending as yet .. among other details.

Mark

https://app.box.com/s/m7ldx1wbhbn3a0ilfzhs7fb6vo9t4uba    mp3
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:36:20 AM by mjf1947 »

whitebark

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 11:12:39 AM »
 Your "Majestic Fanfare" has great energy and a refined orchestration. I look forward to hearing the completed version.  In its present form, it is almost too relentlessly energetic. You might add a quiet, lightly orchestrated section to give the listener a rest. Good job, otherwise!

Jay

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • M.Mus (composition) Finale 26, NP3, GPO5
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
don't put your 1st horn below your 2nd horn, there's no reason for it.
that said, rather than unison repeated notes, why not intervals between those horns? or some sort of back and forth?
the point is to create a tiny bit of interest in the texture there without necessarily creating a whole new thematic element.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 11:24:49 AM »
I will give it a try!

Thanks ...

Mark

Jerry Engelbach

• Engelbach Music
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
Mark,

Jay said it first: great energy, perhaps needs some release.

I particularly like your dramatic build towards the end.

Cheers,
Jer
Finale 26
NP3, GPO 5, JABB 3
iMac Mojave

smartysocks

• Mr Mark
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 11:12:38 AM »
Hey Mark !

I have enjoyed listening to how the work is progressing!  Very nice. I loved some of the rhythmic ideas in the violins on pages 7-8 and 10-11. I was longing to hear it more.

Looking forward to further instalments.

Also, Mark
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.

Ludwig van Beethoven

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
For those following this thread  ;D  and those not so inclined:  :-\ ; here's the latest version.

Please note this is still a template/draft ... although you will experience the complete"thought".

Comments welcome ... I meet with my mentor later this week.  He hasn't seen this version.

Mark

https://app.box.com/s/war11ieew212lsyd9igs81mvcagz2wqq   mp3

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:13:59 AM by mjf1947 »

whitebark

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 10:09:27 AM »
Your piece is coming along nicely. I like its rhythmic energy and rich orchestration.  It will be interesting to hear what your mentor has to say.

Jay