Author Topic: Gone LIVE  (Read 7904 times)

Nickie Fønshauge

Re: Gone LIVE
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »
I'm having the same problem with Opera 11. I've noticed the forum software doesn't install any cookies for "www.composeforums.com", which is the forums official address, but rather for "ronaldjbrown.com". Might have something to do with this discrepancy.

If pokeefe is using the "ronaldjbrown/testforums" address, this would explain why it works for him/her.

EDIT: Yep, that's it. When I use the "http://ronaldjbrown.com/testforum" address, I stay logged in.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:51:54 PM by Nickie Fønshauge »

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »
Thank you Nickie (and welcome back). The "old" forum was also a subdomain of my personal one. All I did was to switch which folder the URL pointed to. I didn't think that it would make such a difference.
Ron
Rules? What rules?

Nickie Fønshauge

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:41 AM »
Well, it does seem to make a difference somehow, Ron. Opera allows me to view the cookies attached to each address; "www.composeforums.com" has none (after I deleted an old cookie named "snitz"-something), whereas "http://ronaldjbrown.com/testforum" has two called "SMFCookie56" and "PHPSESSID". Maybe the software just can't handle two addresses pointing to the same spot? It only creates cookies for the first address, you set up?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:42:38 AM by Nickie Fønshauge »

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • M.Mus (composition) Finale 26, NP3, GPO5
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
Re: Gone LIVE (Challenges section's look)
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »
By the way, for some reason, the "challenges" section has a completely different look from the rest of the forum.
Was wondering why.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »
I don't know why it would appear to be different than other boards. There is only one setting panel and that affects the appearance of all boards. In what way does it appear to be different to you?
Ron
Rules? What rules?