Author Topic: Noteperformer  (Read 996 times)

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • M.Mus (composition) Finale 26, NP3, GPO5
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
Re: Noteperformer
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
I just got a quick note back from Wallender, and they do say that it seems to be on the NP3 side, and not Finale.
It may very well be a Windows vs mac thing. Perhaps they work mostly on macs, which is why they haven't come across this issue?
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

Jerry Engelbach

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 04:35:31 PM »
Possibly. At any rate, get ready for release 3.3.2 ...
Finale 26
NP3, GPO 5, JABB 3
iMac Mojave

winknotes

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 10:21:22 AM »
I started using Note Performer about a year ago and I could not believe the difference of the sound as well as the ease of integration with Finale.  It's truly the first piece of playback sound software that matches my vision of what a "notation only" composer should have to deal with.  Meaning I'm not interested in midi controller messages and piano roll views, etc.

I had invested some money in VSL SE and had hopes that would be the answer but quickly ran into little issues integrating it with Finale not the least of which was adding a bunch of hidden expressions to get it to play back close to real. 

Anyway just guessing everyone else has had similar experiences. 
Steve Winkler
Finale 2011
Windows 7 64-bit
Garritan GPO4, JABB
VSL SE/SE+ Standard
Reaper (sometimes)

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 02:36:18 PM »
I just sent an eamil to NotePerformer. 

I pointed out the poor Oboe and English Horn sound library. The sounds produced are thin and flute like .... they do not represent either an European style or American style of Oboe sound production. 

My only thought on this matter - is that - they may have used a parochial Oboe style unique to the Netherlands?  Much of the differences in Oboe sound production have disappeared in this global world; however, the oboist used for the samples may be from the older traditional school.

Mark

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 06:18:39 AM »
I just sent an eamil to NotePerformer. 

I pointed out the poor Oboe and English Horn sound library. The sounds produced are thin and flute like .... they do not represent either an European style or American style of Oboe sound production. 

My only thought on this matter - is that - they may have used a parochial Oboe style unique to the Netherlands?  Much of the differences in Oboe sound production have disappeared in this global world; however, the oboist used for the samples may be from the older traditional school.

Mark

Here's the reply I received from NotePerformer support:

Hi Mark!

The woodwinds and brass in NotePerformer are not based on samples, but
on synthesis, in order to make the software lightweight and flexible.
This comes with some drawbacks.

We do have major plans on improving NotePerformer, but unfortunately
none that I can share at this point. These are major undertakings,
however, and include more than replacing individual instruments, so
it's not something that's imminent. I realise that's not the answer
you were hoping for, but I hope that explains it.

Best regards,...

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • M.Mus (composition) Finale 26, NP3, GPO5
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 09:01:20 PM »
As long as NP3 continues to be as easy to use, as inexpensive, and gives as great a result, I'm eagerly awaiting the next version.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"