Author Topic: Print-ready high resolution PDFs for printing  (Read 162 times)

janx

Print-ready high resolution PDFs for printing
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:04:05 AM »
I am just about to send my full score PDF to a printing establishment in order to have a hard copy made - is it necessary to purchase Acrobat DC and make the PDF high resolution and print-ready? There are no images in the score (as far as I am aware) just text and notes from Sibelius 8. In my Adobe Acrobat Reader - under File/Document Properties/Fonts it states that the 'Actual Font' of the PDF is 'Embedded Subset'.

Also - I will only be using black ink.

janx

Re: Print-ready high resolution PDFs for printing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 05:26:34 AM »
Update - because my pdfs did not contain any images, had embedded subset for the fonts and I only required black ink, the printing establishment thought it would work without making the pdfs print ready - and everything did indeed come out fine.

whitebark

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:02:15 PM »
What printing establishment are you using for your scores and why?  This info could be useful for others needing to print scores.

Jay

janx

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 11:16:28 PM »
What printing establishment are you using for your scores and why?  This info could be useful for others needing to print scores.

Jay

I just used a printing company local to my area (Rochford, Essex, UK) - I'm sure it would apply to all. I wanted the full score in A3 which I can't do on my own printer.

FWIW - it was http://www.recycle-print.com/