Author Topic: NotePerformer 3.3 is here  (Read 158 times)

whitebark

NotePerformer 3.3 is here
« on: November 26, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
Christmas has arrived early this year!  NotePerformer 3.3 is now available - I can't wait to try it out  :)

This is a free upgrade for current users of NotePerformer.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:00:09 PM by whitebark »

sandalwood

Re: NotePerformer 3.3 is here
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
The demos sound quite good. However, it says BETA support from Finale 26. No chance for 2014.5 I guess.

By the way, I was watching the "Vienna Symph. Library Special Ed.1" package and they just started a sale of 50% + off. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:50:03 PM by sandalwood »

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • B.FA (composition) M.Mus (composition)
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 04:35:03 AM »
it's worth upgrading to Finale 26, JUST to be able to use NotePerformer.
I did and don't regret it.

So far I haven't noticed too many differences with the earlier version of NotePerformer, except for one major difference: the triangle does sound a bit better now.

Finale 26 also has some improvements that are well-worth it, particularly the placement of articulations.

I went hog-wild this year, I also purchased Elbstudio's "Perfect Layout" plugin for Finale. It was rather pricey, but VERY much worth the cost.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

sandalwood

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
I've been watching "Perfect Layout" promotions for some time. It looks like a must-have especially for those who have their works actually performed. The gentleman who speaks on its behalf in the forums etc is another reassuring factor, he looks very committed, hands-on and knowledgeable.

I remember you also purchased some Vienna SL package. Are you happy with it? On their shopping page there is mention of shipping costs associated with the e-Licenser. Do they have to actually send you physically a USB memory stick to serve as a license key or do you download some license code and load it to a USB drive you buy from the market (or just keep the licence on your hard drive)?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 01:45:33 PM by sandalwood »

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • B.FA (composition) M.Mus (composition)
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
you must have the physical USB registration dongle for the library to work.
otherwise it thinks you're using a "demo" version and limits it.

as for the library, well, it sounds good, but it's not obvious to use in Finale.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 06:38:38 PM »
I must say that having updated to Finale 26.2 and using NotePerformer for less than 24 hours now, I am a TOTAL CONVERT to NotePerformer. Total. Truth is, I didn't realize how tied to Finale's Aria work-arounds I was--to the point of letting the software do some the composing and not all me. NotePerformer, even at this early stage for me, is a delight and a breath of fresh air.