Author Topic: Members Participation  (Read 4876 times)

mjf1947

• Administrator
Re: Members Participation
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 04:13:01 PM »

I explored a couple of other classical composer sites. I found gushing approval there for everything, rather than helpful critique. This forum has a smaller membership, but its interactions are honest, and thus more rewarding.

Cheers,

Jer,

There is a Facebook group for composers.  No interaction of significance but lots of postings the good, bad and the ugly!  Excuse me for the pun ... a slight exaggeration here; however, it is not set up for good continuous work and interaction.  Just tons of YouTube postings.

Mark

Jerry Engelbach

• Engelbach Music
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 03:51:54 PM »
Very kind of you, Michel.
Finale 26
NP3, GPO 5, JABB 3
iMac Mojave

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 11:11:55 AM »
Hi everyone .... I noticed that many people login to the forum daily; however only a few participate in the discussions.

I encourage all to jump right in and contribute.

It is the contributions that give life to the forum.

Please remember this is not a vanity forum jsut to post - it is a working forum to receive feedback on your work.

The objective to improve your skill set as well as to create a supportive community of composers.

So don't hesitate - all comments contribute to the discussion and are helpful.

Admin

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 09:59:59 AM »
Hi all ...

A review of member logins indicates many forum community members log on a daily/weekly basis.  Many times 20 members or more per day/week.

Please help us understand why more people are not commenting on posts?

I must agree with Michel ... that many people will post-receive feedback and then disappear until their next post. 

Let's keep this as a working forum.  All community input is important. 

Admin

RJB54

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 12:57:26 PM »
For me of late its been a question of time. I have been extremely busy with work and so on.

One of the downsides of this COVID inspired working from home thing is that when high priority tasks come up the bosses expect a lot more than the typical 8 hour day (You don't have to spend time commuting right? So that's more time to work).

I usually only have time to skim through the posts without being able to listen and comment as I should. Maybe in the next month or two things will calm down a bit.

I apologize to one and all.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa