Music By Members > Completed Works: Junior

Broadway Morning - Clarinet String Quartet

(1/4) > >>

mjf1947:
Okay here's a 99% finished work.

There are some major and minor changes .... editing and a new section in the first theme.

My conception ..... in the midst of a morning commute - crossing the Urban landscape.

Hope you enjoy my efforts here.

Mark

mjf1947:
Here's the initial theme as a stand alone work.

I expanded the mid-section.  I am still have work to do.

What do you think?

Mark

whitebark:
Your piece has a jazzy feel, with interesting melodic material for the clarinet. Definitely continue to expand the length of the work.  Are you planning to integrate this material with the rest of the Broadway Morning music?

Jay

mjf1947:

--- Quote from: whitebark on November 12, 2019, 03:56:22 PM ---Your piece has a jazzy feel, with interesting melodic material for the clarinet. Definitely continue to expand the length of the work.  Are you planning to integrate this material with the rest of the Broadway Morning music?

Jay

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the review ..... I would like to do so ....... It is a question of balance etc.

At the moment there is one transition that I am not satisfied with ...once I successfully address that issue ....I'll review the entire piece in context and decide how to enhance it.

Lot's of work indeed.

Mark

PS: I think I solved my transition problem!!!  ;D

Jerry Engelbach:
Mark,

I like the main theme very much.

I wonder if its phrasing could be highlighted with more dynamic variety and maybe even slight pauses, to really make it stand out from the overall texture of the piece. The theme kind of sneaks back in at the end rather than decisively announcing itself.

The beginning is very engaging, with the clarinet and strings echoing each other. There is slight bit of that later, and I found myself hoping for even more.

The whole thing has a pleasing mood. But throughout I also wanted to hear emphasis to propel more sense of direction.

Your harmonies and the blending of the instruments are lovely.

Cheers,
Jer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version