Author Topic: Duet for Clarinet Piano  (Read 106 times)

mjf1947

• Administrator
Duet for Clarinet Piano
« on: October 06, 2019, 07:29:58 AM »
Here's the completed work simple ABA.

Feedback always encouraged....... ;D

Mark
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:34:07 AM by mjf1947 »

Jerry Engelbach

Re: Duet for Clarinet Piano
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
Mark,

It's a very successful piece of work. Clever rhythms and a nice blend of clarinet and piano.

I don't think you need the repeat of the A section in the recapitulation.

I also wonder if the texture could be thicker in the B section to contrast with the transparency of the A section.

But as you say, it's finished. Well done. Looking forward to the next off your apparently tireless pen.

Cheers,
Jer
Finale 26
NP3
GPO 5
JABB 3
iMac Mojave

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Mark,

It's a very successful piece of work. Clever rhythms and a nice blend of clarinet and piano.

I also wonder if the texture could be thicker in the B section to contrast with the transparency of the A section.

But as you say, it's finished. Well done. Looking forward to the next off your apparently tireless pen.

Cheers,
Jer

Would you suggest a 3rd theme instead of a recapitulation of the first theme?  ???
I agree the texture can be thicker int he B section ... it was really thin before!!!  :o

Let me sit on it a bit.  Right now working on those crazy ever frustrating Oboe reeds.

Mark

PS: Thanks for the review.............  8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:15:45 PM by mjf1947 »

whitebark

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:36:07 PM »
As Jer said, this piece works quite well with its lively rhythms and perky clarinet lines. Eventually you should get rid of the repeats and introduce some new material to add some variety.  You can repeat some material, but change a few things here and there.  Perhaps work toward a climax point at the end of each section.  You could add a few accidentals at a climax point to create a sense of surprise.

Jay

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
Mark,

Cheers,
Jer

Would you suggest a 3rd theme instead of a recapitulation of the first theme?  ???
I agree the texture can be thicker int he B section ... it was really thin before!!!  :o

Let me sit on it a bit.  Right now working on those crazy ever frustrating Oboe reeds.

Mark

PS: Thanks for the review.............  8)

Hi, for those interested in this thread.

I enriched the piano line for the B section - which now has greater texture and fullness.

So here it is .................