Author Topic: No Longer Admin  (Read 162 times)

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
No Longer Admin
« on: October 04, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Dear Members,

I have taken the step of removing my ability to perform admin functions on this forum. I have been fighting crippling depression for nearly two years now and find the stress of being asked to perform admin tasks here, where I have not participated for a long time, more than I can handle. I have not written a note of music for more than a year and am doubting that I ever will again. I will maintain my membership for now, but I will likely be checking by only infrequently.

Take care---and thanks for all the support over the years.

Ron
Ron
Rules? What rules?

mjf1947

• Administrator
Re: No Longer Admin
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »
Ron take care and thanks for all your work over the years.

The Compose Forums is truly an unique platform.

Thanks to you and others - The forum has been thoroughly enjoyed and productively used by so many composers.

Personally, I owe you a big Thank You .... for the forum for me has been golden.

Once again best of luck and wishing you good health.

Mark

amdg

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
Ron:

Let me echo Mark's comments here.  Your participation on so many levels over so many years has been greatly appreciated.  This forum indeed is a valuable resource, one that was made stronger thanks to your efforts.

I, too, wish you all the best in the coming years.  And do let us hear from you from time to time.
Brian

sandalwood

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 12:53:55 PM »
Ron, thank you for making the forum a great learning and sharing  place for all us members. I'd like to express my gratitude for all I have enjoyed as a member. I'd also like to express my admiration for the pleasant personality you have displayed all those years. It's solacing to know you'll not be wholly forsaking us and best wishes regarding your health related complaints.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:39:36 PM by sandalwood »

Jerry Engelbach

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »
Ron,

Your contributions online are many, as archived in your many posts on several forums over the years. Your accomplishments on this forum are unequaled.

I owe you a debt of gratitude for bringing this forum to my attention and accepting me on it as a member. It's been the high point of my late musical life.

You're a talented musician, and the idea of your no longer writing is saddening. But having experienced clinical depression, I know how debilitating it can be.

I hope the respect that all of us here have for you may be of some help in finding relief. We'll miss you greatly.

With best wishes,
Jer

Finale 26
NP3
GPO 5
JABB 3
iMac Mojave

tbmartin

• TerenceMartinSaxArranger
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:54:21 AM »
Ditto on all the above.  I have not personally experienced clinical depression, but my wife has so I've seen it first hand. Please continue to lurk on the forum as long as you want to, and know you will be heartily welcomed back when the circumstances change. (Purposely stated in the declarative mood.)
Terence Martin

Tools: Finale 2003 on Windows XP
Day job: Actuary
Composing/Arranging output: mostly sax quartets
http://bit.ly/TerenceMartinSaxArranger
Goal: Improve quantity and quality of concert band compositions.
Play: Saxophones (all, but tenor primary), Bass Clarinet, Piano (poorly)

jamie kowalski

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 10:36:51 AM »
Thanks for all you've done, Ron!