Author Topic: Mi Bolero-Cha  (Read 355 times)

sandalwood

Re: Mi Bolero-Cha
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 04:54:20 PM »
No, no, no! The horns will be playing here, too. That's the whole point of "a la manera de Santos"! This is only a soft start, as I said before, before things start to go  crazy.

So, that, clearly, is the intention. How well I will manage to do it properly? I'm afraid to make a guess.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:00:20 PM by sandalwood »

Jerry Engelbach

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 08:20:45 AM »
No, no, no! The horns will be playing here, too. That's the whole point of "a la manera de Santos"! This is only a soft start, as I said before, before things start to go  crazy.

So, that, clearly, is the intention. How well I will manage to do it properly? I'm afraid to make a guess.
Reha,

Ah! Now I get it.

Thanks for your patience with my lack of understanding.

I'm looking forward to the crazy development. You have something extra special in that voice melody.

Cheers,
Jer
Finale 26
NP3
GPO 5
JABB 3
iMac Mojave

sandalwood

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »
Jer, I'm always learning a lot from discussing with you. Especially with your background in jazz, you obviously have no "lack of understanding" at all. It's me trying to walk in unknown territory and has a lot to understand and learn. The "no, no, no!" is not out of impatience but a sign of lively and sincere discussion conversation as far as I'm concerned. Still, sorry if it's understood otherwise.

As to the "crazy" thing, I'm starting to get a bit scared of the raised expectations! But, it's largely that colorful, highly contrapuntal and melodic horns accompaniment to vocalist that has made Santos arrangements a favorite in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:49:02 AM by sandalwood »

Jerry Engelbach

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
Reha,

Can't go wrong by borrowing ideas from the masters.

Cheers,
Jer

Finale 26
NP3
GPO 5
JABB 3
iMac Mojave

RJB54

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 01:42:22 PM »
I liked it. I think it has a good feel. Of course it's difficult to completely assess it since at the moment its just a snippet. I look forward to the expanded piece.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

sandalwood

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 03:23:20 PM »
Thanks for listening and the kind remark Robert!  :)