Author Topic: Seven Preludes for Rainy Days (2 of 2)  (Read 133 times)

Tónskáld

Seven Preludes for Rainy Days (2 of 2)
« on: July 08, 2019, 07:22:09 PM »
And here are the last 3, along with the score.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to listen!
Tools: Sibelius 7, Windows 10, Spitfire Audio VSL, Ivory Synthogy
Day job: Pharmacist
Composing/Arranging output: all musical forms except chamber
Goal: Write emotional, impressionistic works that move the soul and make one think; also trying to develop my own distinct style
Play: Piano (advanced), viola (intermediate), French horn & clarinet (student level)

@ADR2Music

Re: Seven Preludes for Rainy Days (2 of 2)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »
Tónskáld -

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your Preludes for Rainy Days with us.  I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all of them and look forward to hearing more of your work.  I'll leave commenting on any potential technical or scoring issues to those who are more skilled than I (which includes almost everyone here) but I would venture to suggest that if you're looking to find your own musical voice, you're well on your way in my humble opinion.

Best wishes,
Allen
Finale 26

Tónskáld

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:20:21 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and well wishes, Allen! I know these preludes aren't perfect and deserve criticism, but positive encouragement can also be a powerful motivator...which you have thoughtfully provided. Even if you're not the most "skilled" member here, I think your opinion as a lover of music is quite valid!

Best,
Jordan
Goal: Write emotional, impressionistic works that move the soul and make one think; also trying to develop my own distinct style
Play: Piano (advanced), viola (intermediate), French horn & clarinet (student level)

mjf1947

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »
The preludes 5,6,7 are lovely .... Interestingly .... I hear a bit of Schumann and Poulenc in number 6.

I also enjoyed the sparsity in the preludes .... light and unencumbered.

Mark

Tónskáld

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 02:24:22 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to listen, Mark! And I appreciate the feedback.

amdg

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
Hi, Jordan:

I'll go ahead and add my reaction to these preludes.  As a few others have said, I lack any real expertise in technically analyzing the posts on this forum.  However, I want to second the opinions so far expressed.  I find the pieces very approachable and quite enjoyable overall.  There is a very different mood created in each of them which helps sustain interest in the collection as a whole.  I think the effort and care which you put into these is quite evident.
Good work.

Brian

Tónskáld

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »
Brian, thanks for the taking the time to listen and provide your comments. I can't wait to return the favor!