Author Topic: East and West Windows (Sketch)  (Read 1498 times)

Patrick O'Keefe

Re: East and West Windows (Sketch)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
I don't know what to say that others have not.  This is a terrific, beautifully crafted work.

RJB54

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
I enjoyed both the piano and orchestral versions. I really can't comment in detail without the score. I look forward to the final version with score
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

jamie kowalski

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »
Hi all. My account was re-created after it was lost, but I'm still alive!

I've done tons of work on this piece, and am now working on the engraving. I hope to be able to post sometime in the near future.

Jamie

winknotes

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 06:13:24 PM »
Ooh this is very nice.  I love the harmonies and the overall formal contrasts which the orchestration brings out very clearly. 

Had you been alive a few decades ago you could have taken over for Bernard Hermann when his relationship with Hitch**** went south (or should I say north by northwest). 

Nice work. 
Steve Winkler
Finale 2011
Windows 7 64-bit
Garritan GPO4, JABB
VSL SE/SE+ Standard
Reaper (sometimes)

jamie kowalski

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 06:52:07 AM »
Ooh this is very nice.  I love the harmonies and the overall formal contrasts which the orchestration brings out very clearly. 
Thanks, Steve!

I've made hundreds of changes and improvements since the original post on this. I should be putting it up with score in the completed section within the next couple of days. I hope you'll take a listen there when it's ready.

Jamie