Author Topic: Could Not Upload mp3 file  (Read 976 times)

mjf1947

• Administrator
Could Not Upload mp3 file
« on: March 08, 2019, 07:12:43 AM »
Hi Ron and Jamie,

I could not upload a file.

Is there a limit on the server?

Mark

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
Re: Could Not Upload mp3 file
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
There are no limits on the size of files in the forum setup. The only limit is 4 files per message. If there is a limit on the server, I can longer check that out. When I hosted it I had unlimited storage space, but Jamie might have a different plan--or there could be some other problem.
Ron
Rules? What rules?

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:20:47 AM »
Is the file large? I have had problems in the past with large uploads timing out before they complete (which is why I moved everything to Soundcloud some years ago).

I believe the max upload size is set to unlimited in the config section, but Iíll take a look to be sure. Iíd be surprised if my GoDaddy account has maxed out but Iíll look at that too.

What error message or other feedback did you get?

Iíll try a few test uploads today and post the results in this thread.

Jamie
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
I was able to successfully upload two files today. One was relatively small (325 kb) and the other on the largish side (15 mb). The larger file took a couple of minutes, but otherwise everything seems to be working.

So at this point I can't reproduce the problem. Any other info would be useful.
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual