Author Topic: Hello  (Read 175 times)

Medievalwarfare

Hello
« on: November 24, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
    Hello everyone. I've been a classical pianist for 11 years and a jazz pianist for 3, and while all of that is fun, I really enjoy writing music. For years I've written music just for piano, but I've started to expand to writing music for more instruments. This is still really new to me; I only became serious about composing a year ago. I have much to share and an equal amount of ambition to learn.

RJB54

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
Welcome.

Don't worry about posting your pieces here. The people on this site are very helpful. Even if you receive criticism it will be helpful/educational not derogatory.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
Welcome aboard. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Ron
Rules? What rules?

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
Welcome!

Art

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »
Welcome to the group. If you want to learn you’ve come to the right place.

Jamie
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual

LA Dierker

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »
Welcome to this site. I agree this forum is a great place for learning if you are serious about composition. I am a Sibelius user.
  I also have composed using Apple's program Logic, but to create scores for use by live performers you need software designed for such purpose.  Good Luck as you move forward with as a composer.  LA

Jerry Engelbach

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 09:24:18 AM »
Bienvenidos, Medievalwarfare.

Is there any special meaning to your interesting handle?

Cheers,
Jer
Finale 26
GPO 5
iMac Mojave

Medievalwarfare

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »
Bienvenidos, Medievalwarfare.

Is there any special meaning to your interesting handle?

Cheers,
Jer

I like Medieval History, specifically the war aspects of it. So, I put them both in my handle. I go by my real name in my music, however.