Author Topic: El Circo de Ninos  (Read 83 times)

mjf1947

• Administrator
El Circo de Ninos
« on: October 04, 2018, 01:17:34 PM »
Hi,

It's been a few months since I posted .....  :'( so.

I went back to work on my circus project.   I did some work on the first movement.  :o

Some feedback would be nice.  ;D

This is a work in progress.  There are 2 more sections and a return to the opening theme.

Mark

PS: Please don't comment on engraving issues as yet.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:22:51 PM by mjf1947 »

sandalwood

Re: El Circo de Ninos
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:36:37 AM »
Mark, your piece reminds me of Rota/Fellini musics and I look forward to seeing whether you'll develop it  in that manner with plenty of whim and variation or in a more solemn concert piece fashion.

Very nice start, IMO :)

Reha

whitebark

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:08:10 PM »
Mark, that is a nice start for your Circo de Ninos piece...it has a carnival flavor to be sure. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the work.

-Jay

RJB54

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:09:46 AM »
Nice.

I like that while on one level it does invoke the images of a carnival-like atmosphere, the slippery chromatics imply (at least to me) that something else might potentially be going on.

I look forward to more of the piece.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:59:01 AM »
Yup, nice carnival flavor, Mark! There is great potential to develop this piece in a lot of ways. Where do you intend to go with it? One suggestion--I think the piece drags a bit, so make the tempo faster--you could make the 3/4 section not in three, but almost in one.