Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 990 times)

CTcomposer

Hello!
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
Hi there!

My name is Chris and I'm a 22 year old undergraduate music student from England. I'm hoping to go on to do an MMus in composition next year at the Royal Northern College of Music if they accept me onto the course.

I would say that my main compositional influences are Bartok, Shostakovich, Beethoven, Messiaen, Debussy, Ligeti, Robert Simpson and Stravinsky although I would like to think that I take something away from most music that I listen to or analyse and find a way to apply it to my own music.

I see myself as being at an intermediate level as a composer so hopefully I can receive some guidance and advice on here but also help others with my own thoughts and experience. I look forward to sharing my work with you all!

jmsuijkerbuijk

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:16:33 AM »
Hi,

As a very recent fellow board member I would like to welcome you to the board. Looking forward to seeing/hearing a sample (or more) of your work.

There is no other way than to use part of everything you ever heard and incorporate that in some way in your own writings, consciously or not. This is true for the most extreme avant-gardist as it is for the ultra-conservative epigone. And there is nothing wrong with it, as long as the result of what we hear is you.