Author Topic: September 2018: New Leadership  (Read 146 times)

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
September 2018: New Leadership
« on: September 01, 2018, 01:01:31 PM »
The forum software has been successfully transferred to Jamie Pettit's care. He, along with Mark Flanzraich, have taken over responsibility for managing the forum. I wish them well. Please be as kind and supportive of them as you have been with me and Michel these past several years. A special thanks to Michel who has always stood ready to help out.

I'll be around, but it is time to pass the torch.
Ron
Rules? What rules?

RJB54

Re: September 2018: New Leadership
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
Ron,

I'd like to thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into keeping the forum going all these years. It has been much appreciated.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 05:33:51 AM »
Thank you, Ron, for the time and effort you've spent on this forum! Much appreciated!

Thank you, Jamie and Mark, for taking on the forum administration!

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:07:05 PM »
Thank you, Jamie and Mark, for taking on the forum administration!

You're welcome Art. I certainly won't be able to match Ron's contribution, but I'm happy to have an opportunity to do my part to keep the place running, having benefitted so much from its being here.
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual

sandalwood

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
My Forum bookmark had been leading me to a blank page all these days and I could finally think of trying a detour!

Yes, a big thanks to Ron, and another to Jamie&Mark from me, too.