Author Topic: Noteperformer version 3 is available  (Read 435 times)

whitebark

Noteperformer version 3 is available
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:03:05 AM »
Wallander Instruments has released version 3 of their popular Noteperformer software. Supposedly Wallander has made many improvements to its sound synthesizing system. It's a free upgrade for existing Noteperformer users. There is good news for non-Sibelius users:  "beta" level support for Finale and Dorico has been implemented.

https://www.wallanderinstruments.com/update/

I will try out this new version of Noteperformer as soon as I can figure out how to do the 650 megabyte download with my slow internet connection.

-Jay

whitebark

Re: Noteperformer version 3 is available
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
I finally downloaded NotePerformer 3 and gave it a try. Here's my Classical Symphony rendered by version 2 of Noteperformer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mktfv1lz694i0u7/Classical%20Symph%20mvt%201%20v18.mp3?dl=0

And here is the same piece with NP 3:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj7rywus07xhux7/Classical%20Symph%20mvt%201%20NP3.mp3?dl=0

The sound is quite different - crisper and more articulated.

-Jay

AO

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 05:20:44 AM »
I can hear the difference, pretty subtle though. The main difference I hear is the extra reverb with NP3, was that a default setting or do you have control of reverb? How about the Sibelius version, any plugins added?

whitebark

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »
Noteperformer functions as a plug-in to Sibelius (and now Finale and Dorico) - reverb settings are handled by the "performance" menu within Sibelius.

-Jay

winknotes

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:27:43 AM »
Crawling out the rock I've been under for the past several months (at least).  Good to see the forum is still active. 

Specific to this thread did anyone try NotePerformer3 with Finale yet?  Looks like the input latency is fixed with Finale 26 but not the playback.  Demos I've heard sound very good but I'm assuming those were prepared with Sibelius.  I'm planning on downloading and running with the demo for a bit to see how it works for me but always interested in the opinions of others. 

Steve
Steve Winkler
Finale 2011
Windows 7 64-bit
Garritan GPO4, JABB
VSL SE/SE+ Standard
Reaper (sometimes)

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »
Specific to this thread did anyone try NotePerformer3 with Finale yet?

My question, too!

winknotes

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 09:51:16 AM »
So I'll answer my own question :)

I downloaded the demo last night and loaded up the sounds on a choral/orchestra score I was working on for someone as well as a couple of piano/violin pieces and in all honesty I was shocked at how good it all sounded.  From a performance perspective as well as a balance perspective it was way better than even my best efforts at fiddling with hidden markings and such.  I couldn't believe it.  So I wrote an email to them telling them so. 

It is a little clunky to work with in Finale but it's documented so well that's it's inconvenient rather than complicated if that makes sense.  He did tell me in his reply that they have a 3.1 update in beta that is a more seamless integration with Finale that takes away steps current Finale users need to execute to make it work. 

So I'll certainly be buying this.  To my taste it alleviates any need for a DAW and trying to become a recording engineer and the like.  I can truly focus on writing the music yet have a very convincing mock-up of the score.  I also found this tutorial (it's in Spanish or some Romance language) but the guy takes one of the repertoire files that comes with Finale and plays back with the built in Finale sounds then after going through how to load NotePerformer plays the piece in its entirety with those sounds.  It's pretty amazing really. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SaqZc5SoM
Steve Winkler
Finale 2011
Windows 7 64-bit
Garritan GPO4, JABB
VSL SE/SE+ Standard
Reaper (sometimes)

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:52:13 AM »
Very encouraging, Steve. Thanks.

whitebark

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 09:53:13 AM »
Noteperformer 3.1 is now available as a free update.  It may improve compatibility with Finale.

BillReed

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:02 AM »
It looks like quite an improvement...

https://www.scoringnotes.com/reviews/noteperformer-3-1/
Finale 25, Notion 6, Overture 5, Cubase8.5
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choir and Pianos
August Forster 190

winknotes

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 08:35:45 AM »
It is a vast improvement over 3.0.  No more Finale Scripts except for a few edge cases like @2, @3 and so on. 
Steve Winkler
Finale 2011
Windows 7 64-bit
Garritan GPO4, JABB
VSL SE/SE+ Standard
Reaper (sometimes)