Author Topic: French music has tremendous intensity about very little/Fr.vibrato/Fog,UN,Tortel  (Read 1652 times)

sandalwood

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:39:28 AM by sandalwood »

Ron

• Administrator
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
Greta video. Thank you.
Ron
Rules? What rules?

smartysocks

• Mr Mark
Wow great video !  Thanks for sharing ! At first I was confused about "tremendous intensity about very little". I mean it being an elegy and all. However, once I heard the quote I understood.

Again fabulous video, I hope I can carry on the ideas in this video into my compositions.

Mark
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.

Ludwig van Beethoven

amdg

Hi,

Zander is a dynamo of the first water!  I've watched several of these videos, and I find him an amazing force that tries to pull the performer from out of the player.  I think my favorite is the one where he works with a cellist on the Debussy cello sonata.  An absolute gem, in my opinion.

Thanks for starting this thread. 

Brian

sandalwood

I think Zander makes a couple of important points here on interpreting this Mendelssohn piece. Perhaps you will think so, too. He starts commenting at 08:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB_G7CkPDes

smartysocks

• Mr Mark
Wow !!!  What a player !!  The criticisms were so very interesting. Heavy bars and light bars as well as note value for a feeling of tempo change. Still what a great player. Thanks for the watching suggestion !!

Mark
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.

Ludwig van Beethoven