Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 471 times)

thaumgarrett

Hello there
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:07:58 AM »
I can't think of a better way to introduce myself than the email I sent when creating my account so here goes...

I'm a former music teacher of 4 years and also a part-time pianist, guitarist, clarinetist, percussionist and even more part-time composer. And while I've never actually finished a symphony I can at least draw fairly accurate squiggly lines to illustrate the exposition, development, recap and coda of sonata form while the wife looks on respectfully. 😁 Primary I'm looking for guidance and support from those more talented than myself and to provide the same to those less so endowed... assuming that second group actually exists. Thanks for your consideration!

Ron

• Administrator
  • Finale Beta Tester
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:38:59 AM »
As I've already said privately, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:51:11 PM by Ron »
Ron
Administrator Compose Forums

Rules are for people who have no understanding of music, so they invent something to mask their ignorance.

sandalwood

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
Welcome :)

Reha

RJB54

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
Welcome.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa

gogreen

• Art on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
Welcome!

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
Welcome to the group.
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual