Author Topic: Greetings Earthlings, I come in peace  (Read 3585 times)

saltamontes

Re: Greetings Earthlings, I come in peace
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
Hola Lennart,  greetings from tropical Panamá.  Clearing the Dust is very nicely written, thanks for sharing.  I hope to hear more of your work in the near future. 

Saltamontes
Hold gently the hearts of those you love. For once they are gone, you will shed a thousand tears for each one you caused and the memory of each callous moment will be your companion.   Saltamontes

Lennart Östman

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »
Thanks Saltamontes! There is a string quartet I have posted here too. I also have a lot more music on Soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/lennartostman

saltamontes

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 12:25:10 PM »
Thanks, Lennart.  I am enjoying your composition, Joy, as this afternoon's rain refreshes the lush, green tropical foliage, and my soul as well.  Your work is stately and as fresh as is the rain.  Thanks for adding a bit more pleasure to this lovely afternoon.  By the way, I looked at some images of Härnösand, Sweden.  A beautiful place for certain, though it looks like it can get bloody cold.  It was 16C here two nights ago and my nose turned blue.  Thanks again for sharing... very, very nice work.

Saltamontes
Hold gently the hearts of those you love. For once they are gone, you will shed a thousand tears for each one you caused and the memory of each callous moment will be your companion.   Saltamontes

Lennart Östman

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »
LOL! 16C is summer here. In the winter we get as slow as -30C. That's like living in the freezer : )

saltamontes

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
Amazing.... THAT's cold.  Actually, here in the Panamanian Highlands the temps are generally 18C at night and with days only occasionally above 28C, every day of the year.  Our shortest day is 11 hrs. long and the longest is 13 hrs. of sun.  Very stable.  We have perhaps the finest climate on the planet, perpetual springtime.....  Well, I'll check out more of your work now.....

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 04:14:24 PM »
LOL! 16C is summer here. In the winter we get as slow as -30C. That's like living in the freezer : )

This is why I moved to Vancouver Island - it's the inly place in Canada where it doesn't get anywhere near -30.

:)

Jamie
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • B.FA (composition) M.Mus (composition)
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
Out here in Eastern Canada we get a slightly more extreme range of temperatures.
In the summer it regularly goes to 31-32C, and may times higher (like last week).
While in the winter we almost invariably get at least a week of -40C in the early morning.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

perpetuo studens

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »
Out here in Eastern Canada we get a slightly more extreme range of temperatures.
In the summer it regularly goes to 31-32C, and may times higher (like last week).
While in the winter we almost invariably get at least a week of -40C in the early morning.

You have my (most experienced - I'm from Manitoba) sympathies.

:)

Jamie
The perceived object...is not a sum of elements to be distinguished from each other and analyzed discretely, but a pattern, that is to say a form, a structure: the element's existence does not precede the existence of the whole, it comes neither before nor after it, for the parts do not determine the pattern, but the pattern determines the parts: knowledge of the pattern and of its laws, of the set and its structure, could not possibly be derived from discrete knowledge of the elements that compose it.

That means that you can look at a piece of a puzzle for three whole days, you can believe that you know all there is to know about its colouring and its shape, and be no further ahead than when you started. The only thing that counts is the ability to link this piece to other pieces...

Georges Perec - Life: A User's Manual

Lennart Östman

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:25 PM »
Not quite so extreme here, but still. Very varied weather. We rarely get more that 30C in the summer and rarely less than -30C in the winter. This summer has been warm and sunny with temperatures around 25-27C most every day, but many Swedish summer rain away too. This has been a good summer for composing anyway : )