Author Topic: Campy: the Newby  (Read 1022 times)

Campy

Campy: the Newby
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »
 I am a practicing optometrist in northern Indiana.
But I have been a professional singer for over 50 years. I have sung in professional choirs all my life. In the twilight of my years (I am age 65) I have been struck with a passion to compose. My choral singing experience and private and independent study has taught me what my idea of good choral music should sound like. Thankfully modern notation software such as Sibelus, has enabled me to put on paper the musical ideas rattling around in my head. I have uploaded many pieces to SibeliusMusic (now ScoreExchange) and have enjoyed the feedback from other composers..
I frequently meet with with Lee Dengler who has published many choral pieces over the years. We discuss my work in hopes of creating compositions that will be worthy of performance and publication.
I was excited to find this Forum. I welcome the opportunity to have my work heard and critiqued and am looking forward to experiencing the works of others.

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • B.FA (composition) M.Mus (composition)
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
Re: Campy: the Newby
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
It's always nice to have older members as well as young ones.
You will find that there is a pleasant cross section of ages on this forum.

So far, however, my experience has been that most forum users are Finale users.
but as long as you can post PDF files, there should be no issues with sharing your scores.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

Ron

• Administrator
  • Finale Beta Tester
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
Re: Campy: the Newby
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
...and to add to what Michel said: you're not so old. I bet I'm older than you by at least a month or two. Most folks post pdf plus mp3 so Finale-Sibelius shouldn't make any difference.
Ron
Administrator Compose Forums

Rules are for people who have no understanding of music, so they invent something to mask their ignorance.