Author Topic: New Section Added to Our Forum  (Read 713 times)

Ron

• Administrator
  • Finale Beta Tester
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
New Section Added to Our Forum
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:48:10 AM »
I am pleased to announce the addition of a new general topic to our forum: Jazz and Big Band. For now it is broken into two subcategories: Compositions and Theory Discussions. It will be moderated by a long-time member, Saltamontes.

If anyone is interested in adding other categories (or, alternatively, believe that existing categories have outlived their usefulness), drop me a line. I am especially looking for people who wish to moderate various sections so that they can gain some experience with the idea of some day taking over my role.

I wish Saltamontes all the best in his undertaking and look forward to reading the posts and checking out the compositions.
Ron
Administrator Compose Forums

Rules are for people who have no understanding of music, so they invent something to mask their ignorance.

RJB54

Re: New Section Added to Our Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »
Discussions in this area could be quite interesting; although, I am unlikely to write anything of this type (which I used to do) since I would imagine that simulating the drumming, keyboard vamping, etc. would be pretty difficult to get to sound good.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.
Frank Zappa