Author Topic: DAW tutorials  (Read 27 times)

Michel.R.E

• Administrator
  • B.FA (composition) M.Mus (composition)
    • Les Éditions du Dos Blanc
DAW tutorials
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:32 PM »
I'd like to start learning how to use Reaper. So the first thing I look up is "tutorials". However, it would seem that tutorials "for beginner users" of Reaper are really "tutorials for people who are switching from another DAW" rather than for actual DAW beginners.

I tried watching a number of these "101" videos, and most of them began straight away with the "insert the flammestrang into the blooflegarm while churning the brlurpl counterclockwise". In other words, absolute gibberish to me.

Does anyone know of tutorials that are specifically geared to people who have NEVER used a DAW, and who are used to working with pencil and paper? it's almost like the DAW makers think that only musically illiterate people will use their products.
"Writing music to be revolutionary is like cooking to be famous: Music’s main function is not revolution. – Alan Belkin "

"Saying something new about something old is still saying something new. – Jamie Kowalski"

sandalwood

Re: DAW tutorials
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »
It has only been two days that it occurred to me asking you "how goes the Reaper expedition?" hoping that you had already cut into it to some depth and the gained expertise would somehow trickle down to us fledglings waiting with wide upon mouths... :)