Author Topic: Section Removal  (Read 179 times)

Ron

• Administrator
  • Finale Beta Tester
    • The Music of Ronald J Brown
Section Removal
« on: August 04, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
On the request of users to simplify and clean up the forum, I tried to contact Saltamontes regarding the future of the section on Jazz and Big Band he was moderating, as there has been no new posting there for more than 6 months. I tried a couple of times to contact him over a two month period and got no response at all. So, today I moved all the posts under the Jazz and Big Band section to other areas, as appropriate, and deleted the section. No posts were lost during this process. You will find posts that were formerly under Jazz and Big Band Theory, for example, in sections under the General Theory group.

I am sorry it has come to this, as I had great hopes for Saltamontes' contribution. Jazz has certainly had a major influence on the art music of the 20ieth century. However, we can continue to explore it under other more general subject areas.

PS. After I undertake a major job like this I always run error-checking routines. They list all the errors in the forum. Though I am interested only in ones that potentially affect everyone I notice how many password-failure messages there are. Of particular interest are the log-in attempts on banned accounts or banned IP addresses. Interesting that someone who quit the forum in a huff with a flurry of insults several years ago still attempts to log in from time to time. I guess he just can't let it go. Another interesting one is a Russian IP address of a spammer--or a group of spammers--who still attempts to log in several times a day, despite having been banned years ago. See what interesting stuff goes on behind the scenes?
Ron
Administrator Compose Forums

Rules are for people who have no understanding of music, so they invent something to mask their ignorance.

whitebark

Re: Section Removal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »
I do like the more compact home page... there is less  scrolling to reach the "exercises" section, which has the misfortune of being last on the list.